"Furious Fuchsia" dodge Challenger R/t (2010) - Paint Restoration
30 + Hours
3 Nano Coatings
2 STAGE POLISH
1 Rare Car.
Full List of Services Completed:
- Decontamination Wash - After letting the vehicle soak in a foamy layer to loosen the surface dirt, we perform a full hand wash on the vehicle using high quality microfiber/Merino wool mitts and a multi-bucket system. The vehicle is dried using a car dryer and microfiber drying towel.
- Wheels/Tires/Fenders/Exterior Trim - The outer portion and inner portion of the wheels were cleaned using a multi-stage method involving a special set of brushes. All vinyl parts (skirts, diffusers, mudflaps, fender liners, etc.) were dressed with a vinyl protectant.
- Engine Detailing - After removing the engine cover and headlight covers , we cleaned the engine using mild cleaners and a special set of brushes to agitate the dirt. To ensure no sensitive components remained wet after the wash, we air dried the engine bay. Afterward, we coated all the engine rubber and plastics in a vinyl dressing.
- Full-body Clay Bar - Detailing clay is used (along with a lubricant) to remove contaminants that stick to the paintwork (tar, sap, etc.) after the vehicle is washed. These contaminants typically cannot be removed by regular washing. This leaves the vehicle finish feeling smooth and ready for the scratch removal process.
- Paint Correction - To remove the majority of the scratches in the paint, the paint was given a thorough two-stage polish using dual action polishers. All of the stripes, exposed weather stripping, and vinyl trim was masked properly prior to polishing.
- Stage 1 : Compounding (i.e., the use of a heavier pad/compound to do most of the "cutting" or removal of the heavier defects)
- Stages 2: Polishing (i.e., the use of a finer pad/polish to remove the compound haze and leave a more refined finish)
- Residue Removal/Coating Prep - We removed any remaining polish oils/dust prior to applying the coatings using a special coating preparation chemical.
- Nano Coatings - We installed Gtechniq's lineup of coatings to protect the finish on this car.
- Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) - To provide long-term protection against environmental contaminants and provide some scratch resistance, we applied a single coat of this semi permanent ceramic coating. This coating is rated for 3-5 years of protection. For more information, click here.
- Gtechniq EXO v2 - Two layers of this hydrophobic nano coating were installed over top of the CSL to provide maximum water beading over the ceramic layer. For more information, click here.